Monday, July 03, 2006

Done and Dusted

aaahhhhh.... finally, the shadowing week is over. It was really boring (to be honest). The junior doctors, whom we students were shadowing, were laid back and flexible. They let us off by lunchtime, allowing us to enjoy our short break before the nightmare begins on 1 August 2006.

Although I was not particularly busy during the whole week, I just felt awfy tired everyday. I shall conveniently blame the travelling (up and down Glasgow) as the culprit. 2 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the evening....I admit it was ridiculous hehe...oh well, what to do, I'm trying to save some money. The air-cond in the bus was not functioning. argh...It was rather stuffy in the bus, and to make matters worse, the weather has been really warm these days. I ended up staying 2 nights in Glasgow because I had to arrive at the ward at 8 am on two occassions. It was impossible to travel from Dundee any earlier than 6 am. I was glad that I put up 2 nights there, otherwise, my eye bags would seriously be irreversibly black and swollen!!

Throughout the week, I had alot of time to think back about my life so far. It is so funny. When you are a student, you just wonder how working life would be and just cant wait to start earning. But now, as I embark on the working journey, I am dreading it. Maybe it is because of the new environment, or maybe it is because of the new responsibilites? I dunno. I guess it is a mixture of alot of factors. Scary!!

At the moment, I think I shall sit down and enjoy the remaining 3 weeks as a student. This is so sad... =(

No comments: