Sunday, June 04, 2006

My First BBQ in Dundee

It is amazing how 2 years passed by so quickly. Today, my friends and I decided to have a BBQ party in the garden of my house. This was the first time we have a BBQ in Dundee. We never had a chance to do this last year as we were too busy preparing for our exams. Moreover, previous months have been too cold to even sit outside.

The weather in Dundee is rather unpredictable. I woke up this morning worried whether it would rain, as stated in the forecast. The sky was rather dark and soon, it started to rain for about 15 minutes. Luckily, it stopped and the sun showed itself. The weather was not too cold, so it was a rather nice day for our BBQ! =)

As I sat down in the garden, I began to realise how peaceful the garden at the back of my rented house was. Although there were only plain green grass with loads of wild flowers, the garden was rather cosy. We bought instant BBQ sets which were sufficient to BBQ our 24 pieces of chicken wings, more than 10 sausages, 4 pieces of salmon, 4 corn cobs, 2 chicken fillets and a couple potato wedges. Yeap, I ate quite alot, and could not stop junking on Doritos. keke...by the end of the BBQ, my tummy was extremely distended. I think all the rugae in my stomach has been stretched to the max. =P That aside, I really enjoyed sitting down with my friends. We are officially called "The Pea Family."

Why use the word "pea"? Well, it all started from Su Ann, who was given the nickname "Green Pea" by KC. And as usual, Su Ann loves to give us all nicknames. Frog-saw, oyster, lai lai, etc are a few of my nicknames so far. hehe... To be part of the Pea Family, we all need to dress correctly according to our colours. For eg, I am known as "Pink Pea", therefore, I need to be dressed in pink, Sze Leng is "Blue Pea", so she needs to be dressed in blue, Geak Poh is "Yellow Pea" and KC is "White Pea". It was a Hap-pea day! The only regret I have was, the time passed so fast and it is back to Monday again = back to lectures.

The Pea Family (noticed each of us were in our respective Pea Colours).

3 comments:

greenpea said...

hey, stole my "hap-pea family" tag. ah, but like you always say, there was no patent or at least, patent pending. sheesh. but give no shit (oops, showee for the language), we're a very hap-pea family and all of us must be proud of that 'family' name!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»