Sunday, February 26, 2012

All New People

Last weekend, I was fortunate enough to get tickets to watch a play written and directed by Zach Braff, called, "All New People."

Zach Braff is one of my favourite actor/writer. Of course, we all know Zach Braff as Dr John Dorian or J.D in Scrubs. Yes, he is the dorky geeky one! :) But he is also very funny. I could watch Scrubs every day, and will not get bored of it. I just love that all the characters are so different, and also the fact that they create banter in the hospital.

Ever since Scrubs, I have been sort of stalking Zach Braff....so I've watched his first ever movie, "Garden State," which starred Natalie Portman. It was an excellent movie. Zach also starred in "The Last Kiss," another movie that was written about the struggles in life as one gets older. They were all brilliant movies....so when I heard that Zach was coming to UK to perform his play, "All New People," I got really excited, and bought the tickets asap.

I got tickets for his performance in King's theatre, Glasgow. It was a sold out performance!

The play was about a 35 year old man attempting to commit suicide, after making a big error in his career....he didnt manage to end his life as he met 3 new people in his life, who changed his mind.

I love that the play was dark yet hilarious. I love that they played recorded clips in between the scenes of the play.... I love that the casts worked so well together, and the chemistry between them all was so good.

There were 2 minor glitches towards the end of the play. Apparently, at the very last scene, it was meant to be snowing, but the machine holding the fake snow failed to operate, and also made a loud grinding noise....but that aside, the play was fantastic.

At the end of the play, Zach Braff held a short 25 min Q&A session. One of the questions that made me smile was this, "Zach, have you tried the fried Mars bar yet?"

For those of you who have never heard of the famous fried Mars bar, I would not recommend it. The fried Mars bar is a delicacy of Scotland. Basically, it is a Mars bar.....deep fried.

Zach replied, "Yes, I've heard about it. I do not understand why one would want to make something already unhealthy, even unhealthier."

=) You can check out the website for the play here: http://www.allnewpeople.co.uk/

No comments: