Sunday, March 07, 2010

It Just Happens...

So it was 9 o-clock Saturday morning. I just completed my set of night shifts. When I do night shifts, I run out of food from my house very quickly....because I have no initiative to buy food during the week. Therefore, on this particular Saturday morning, I thought of all the different type of food I wanted to get from the shops. I was already formulating recipes in my head for the week!

I left the hospital and thought to myself. "Hmm....maybe I should do food shopping after getting some sleep first." But, I was actually quite awake after the adrenaline rush I had throughout the busy night. I decided against that idea...and drove myself to get some food from Morrisons and M&S. yumm....

After paying nearly 20 pounds for food, I drove myself home, quite happy and contented.

Unfortunately, this feeling did not last long. As I was heading towards a roundabout, I noticed that a car had stalled just at the entrance into the roundabout. I, therefore, pressed my brakes to slow down. All of a sudden, I saw a fast car heading towards me from the rear. I thought it would have stopped before me....however, to my horror, the car moved closer to me...and at the very last second, the driver realised that he could not stop in time, and swerved to the left...........

BANG!

My heart sank.
My car slided forward. (thank goodness the car that stalled had managed to get his engine started and drove away, otherwise, I would have bumped into it).
All blood supply drained from me.....I felt weak.

Yes, I was knocked from the back. That idiot driver was kind enough to stop his car at the side of the motorway.

We got down from the car. He apologised for his mistake. I was still in shock. We exchanged details, ie car registration number, address and contact details.

My rear bumper was cracked and dented. I think my Peugeot is a tough car. The impact was quite hard....but the bumper was still intact.....well, maybe only just hanging down slightly. Luckily none of the lights broke. Obviously, part of the car paint was scraped off....it wasn't a very nice sight.

His car was damaged even more...probably coz his car was the driving force for the accident.

Sigh...I was like, "GREAT!!! This is just what I need after a long week of night shifts!"

I drove home...still alittle shaken. I was very glad that I was safe and unhurt. To be honest, it was a very minor accident....but MINOR enough to make me scared, shocked and traumatised. I really couldn't imagine being in a major accident.....it would even be worse!

When I got home, I contacted my insurance company immediately. I was really impressed by the efficiency of the system. Come Mon/Tues, I would be able to get my car to the garage for repair...and I get a courtesy car at the same time....all on the expense of the other driver.

I am alot better now. Just wished it hadn't happened. But things like that was probably going to happen anyway. I mean, if I didn't go food shopping in the morning, I wouldn't have been in this position, no? It just happens....I was at the "right" place, at the "right" time...

Sigh.

No comments: