Sunday, April 05, 2009

I Love You Too, Marley

Marley. What can I say about this extremely naughty labrador?

I read the book "Marley & Me" by John Grogan a few years ago.....and I absolutely LOVED it! The book is about the life of the author, with his dog, wife and children. It potrayed the ups and downs of marriage, and the outrageous behaviour of Marley, the WORST dog in the world. I laughed alot when I read it, but also cried towards the end of it, when Marley left to go to doggie heaven.

I was really excited when I found out that the book was made into a movie. Both Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson did well. I felt that they had good chemistry on screen. And the dogs were so so cute. The movie had the same effect on me. I cried when I watched the movie. It was really sad seeing how Marley grew older and finally, put to sleep. In fact, most people in the cinema were sobbing too. I think, unless you have the heart of a stone, or you just do not like dogs, it is impossible to hold back the tears.

I highly recommend this movie, although, I know that most people would rather watch a feel good movie...but honestly, this movie did give me a nice warm feeling. Having said that, it made me miss my little wee Kiki at home (who is 9 human years old, but in dog age, she is 49 years old!).....and Pecan, my other little doggie who does not belong to me anymore...

No comments: