Thursday, December 25, 2008

Mince Pies n Mulled Wine

ahh...finally, here I am sitting in front of my notebook, on Xmas morning, hiding under my duvet, writing on my blog, which I have not done for AGES!

=)

so merry xmas everyone.

For once, I am not working today. I had a few old frens over for dinner last night. It was no traditional dinner though. There was no turkey, no christmas pudding...but we had tasty spanish paella, pakora, spicy curried fish, risotto, with buttered broccoli, runner beans and carrots. Pretty random menu, no? It was lovely though...not had such meals with frens for such a long time. Its amazing what work can do to you...you become so anti-social, and basically, you forget to enjoy life!

I was very sleepy and tired after dinner....and kinda fell asleep on the couch after a half a glass of mulled wine and mince pie. And I have woken up on the couch, greeted by the lovely glow from my xmas tree, which has been decorated with purply-black baubles! And oh, hehe....I still managed to open my pressies before I dozed off.

What did I get? I got a lovely embellished clutch from my best friend, Laura. Got a big box of Thornton's chocolate, a christmas cake, and a nice scented cande from Helen, my flatmate. Also, I received a lovely bracelet from another friend who's now in Birmingham. Ah Hoon gave me a lovely pair of earrings. There were a few other pressies which I have opened before xmas...and they were smellies from Lush (which were not the slightest bit smelly!), a lovely Xmas card holder (again, from Ah Hoon)....and the best of all, Kev gave me my favourite Take That CD, n cute little wee Nigel (that fat rat in Ratatouille). =D

hmm..let me see, this year's build up to Xmas day has been really excellent. Here are my reasons:
- From never popping a christmas cracker all my life, to cracking 4 of them this year.
- From never attending any work xmas nite outs, to attending 2.
- From never getting any pressies from ppl at work, to receiving 2 red wine bottles!

haha...so yes, I am quite chuffed about it.

No real plans today. Ah Hoon is flying to KL today. So I'll take her to the airport later. But, we will need to savour the huge almond pannettone first for brunch, accompanied by a lovely cuppa. =D

I am looking forward to watching Wallace n Grommit tonight. BBC is premiering a 30 min animation from Wallace n Grommit called "A Matter of Loaf n Death." Will be back to work tomorrow....NIGHT ON CALLS again! I always seem to be doing nites! ah well, shouldn't complain.

Have a lovely day everyone....I have alot more things to blog about...so will prob do them slowly over the course of this holiday period!

Spread the joy of christmas. Sing xmas carols. MERRY CHRISTMAS!


ps. my all time xmas favourite is Fairytale of New York.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......