Friday, November 07, 2008

Rock 'n' Roll Star

"Slip inside the eye of your mind,
don't you know what you might find,
a better place to play.
You said that you've never been
but all the things that you've seen
will slowly fade away."

"How many special people change
How many lives are living strange
Where were you while we were getting high?
Slowly walking down the hall
Faster than a cannon ball
Where were you while we were getting high?"

hehehe....
ooohh....I love Oasis, especially when they sing my favourite songs!
I am not a particularly crazy fan, but I thought it would be a excellent to catch them live! And I DID!

hehe... yes, they performed live in the SECC, Glasgow 2 days ago. And, it was a good performance. The whole concert hall was FULL! Although standing amongst the crowd would have been really fun, but I was glad that I bought seating tickets. The crowd was crazy; it was close to a stampede, and alot of them were performing the usual Glaswegian ritual of throwing beer around the hall. So I was glad that I escaped that!

They started off by singing "Rock n Roll Star," and they continued to belt out a few songs from their new album "Dig Out Your Soul." I felt that the performance was short, but that was partly because I really enjoyed it. The sang continuously for about 1 hr or so....and did an encore for 30 to 40 mins. They finished off with the song "I'm a Walrus," which was a hit song by the Beatles.

My ears were deafened by the end of the performance...but I really enjoyed it. Now I have their songs playing over n over again in my head! hehe. Loving it! Maybe I should catch their performance at Edinburgh's Murrayfield Stadium, with Kasabian and The Enemy, next summer? hmm...well, I will see what my working schedule is like first, because I think that gig will be held on a weekday.

1 comment:

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi SL,
I'm an academic physician (formerly at Harvard and Stanford) who found your blog while looking for the best health writers. I think your writing is great! I would like to feature you in the Life as a Doc Community on Wellsphere, a top 10 health website that has well over 2 million visitors monthly.

If you would like to learn more, just drop me an email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com