Thursday, September 04, 2008

Bananas Make Me Yellow

I met a funny patient yesterday.

He was yellow, ie, jaundiced. But the problem was, he didn't realise it because he has dementia. To be fair, he was only mildly disorientated. This was what happened.

Me : Hello Mr. X. How are you?

Mr. X : Oh hello dear. I'm alright.

Me : So do you know what brought you into the hospital?

Mr. X : I dunno, doctor. I've got some tummy ache.

Me : Oh ok. I think your GP sent you up because we were abit jaundiced, you know, your
skin is all yellow.

Mr. X : Is that right? I didn't know that.

Me : Look, your skin is quite yellow. (me pointing to his skin)

Mr. X : Oh...I dunno. Sigh. No more bananas for me.


=D I broke into a big grin. Mr. X said that without even smiling or laughing. I guess he really meant what he was saying! kekeke.

No comments: