Friday, December 21, 2007

White Week

The temperatures have certainly been dropping for the whole week. I don't remember seeing the temperature anything higher than 3 degrees. In the morning, while driving to work, the temperature was about -2 to 0, and when I travelled home, the temperature was similar.

I actually don't mind the freezing temperature....as long as it is cool and dry....then, everything would look nice, clean, pure and white. I like it if it snows...but I don't like it when the snow starts to melt. It becomes extremely wet and dirty. I doubt that it would snow during christmas....but I am still hopeful!

The only bad thing about this weather is the fog. Driving has become increaasingly dangerous due to thick fog...reducing visibility to only 20 yards. Being the usual silly me, I didn't know how to turn on my fog lights...and I still don't!

Here are some pictures I took yesterday and today (using my good old W800 camera). It shows the effect of temperature to the weather and environment.

YESTERDAY:
A frosty morning at the compounds of the hospital.

The hill is covered with frost.

Even the Fanta bottle too!

TODAY:
Look at the difference. The temperature this morning was -7!! It was frostier, whiter and certainly colder. There was just a slight drop of snow at that time when the pic was taken.

The children's playground at the hospital.

Also note that the water has turned into ice.
The branches were white too...and it was rather foggy.

This pic was taken at 4pm.



2 comments:

runaway midget said...

oh no! this is one of the worst winter! as tho the world is all white and wet now. horrible!

hang in there pink, please do not turn into ice.

sl said...

i know...i heard the weather in america is freezing!!