Thursday, December 13, 2007

Daemons (inspired by the movie The Golden Compass)

The movie "The Golden Compass" wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I felt that there were alot tales to be unfold, but time was limited. Hence, the movie did not flow very nicely.

Daemons were one of the few interesting features of the movie. According to the official website, "a person's soul lives on the outside of their body, in the form of a daemon - an animal spirit that accompanies them through life. A person's daemon is usually of the opposite sex to its human partner. In this real world, it is possible that we have daemons too, only that they are invisible."

The website was pretty cool as it allows you to discover your own daemon. Please go to http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/ for further information. All you need to do is answer a set of 20 questions and they will reveal your daemon.

I have done mine....and my daemon is a Chimpanzee, who is flexible, responsible, modest, inquisitive, & clever. These should ideally fit with my personality...hmmm...let me see, I agree that I am flexible, responsible, pretty modest and can be inquisitive at times. Clever? I don't I am that clever. I suppose everyone is clever, but in different fields. For eg, you can be clever in studies, you can be "clever" in sports, or you can be "clever" in telling lies!

So, people, feel free to answer to the questions in the daemon window above, about whether or not you think it suits my personality. Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well the chimpanzee suits u well, and u are right that everyone is clever in certain sense. but u must be also clever to end up being a doctor..u see.. not everyone can be a doctor..i will faint remembering the scientific names in yer text books. Btw my daemon is a chimp as well.. hehhe
happy new year..