Sunday, November 25, 2007

OMG! Time is passing so slow!

I'm in the middle of my night shift. It is absolutely dead in here!!!

arrghh.....

I have seen all my acute admissions by midnight. There wasn't anymore referrals, until I received a call at 6 am, about a boy with abdominal pain. But he is going to be travelling from a different hospital that is rather faraway....so he would take awhile before arriving here. The ward was fine...apart from reviewing a few patients asthma or viral wheeze, there really wasn't much to do.

So my registrar and I had a cup of tea around midnight. Then we started to finish up the discharges, as the case notes were pilling up! We have done them all by about 3 am. Since then, I have been sitting about doing nothing...tried to do a few 'Best of Five Questions,' but didn't last long before I so totally lost my concentration.

I tried to take a nap...but only managed intermittent sleep for about 1 hour. After that 6 am call, I couldn't sleep. sigh. So now I'm wide awake, waiting for that patient to turn up...wishing that time would go faster...wishing that it will 9 am in 1 minute...so that I could quickly pass my page and handover to the day team!

No comments: