Thursday, September 27, 2007

This Traffic!!

Had the joys of driving to work on Monday. Road was empty as expected....which of course is good, ie, no traffic stress.

Then, the horror started on Tuesday! Oh my goodness! The traffic was extremely heavy, despite me leaving about 5 minutes earlier than normal. By the time I got onto the M8, it was 8.15 am. Normally, I would enter the M8 just about 8 am. The traffic on the M8 wasn't too bad, however, the moment I drove into the junction leading toward my workplace, the traffic was in a standstill. There were diversions that just started on that day...but you know, I did not expect it to be THAT bad. Anyway, I was inching 1 cm every 1 minute. The sun was so bright and it was shining right into my eyes, because, firstly, I am short (so I can't shield my eyes away by using that flap thing on the roof), and secondly, I forgot to bring my sunglasses from home. So I could not even visualise the road properly and I could my road rage building up!!

To add to the stress, I had to do a presentation that morning. And I was still stuck in the bloody traffic at 9 am. My presentation was to begin about 15 mins past 9 am. Urgghh!! Eventually, after loads of cursing and singing (yes..thank god for the "Nineties" CD that I bought a few weeks ago...had my fav songs like Bfast at Tiffany's etc...), I arrived at work 9.25 am!

*phew

I wasn't the only one late...lots of others were later than me. Luckily, the consultant that was waiting for the presentation was cool that we were late.

Anyway, here I go again to brave the traffic. Yesterday's traffic was just a tiny bit better, but that's also because I left early...like REALLY early. So me leaving now again...this traffic is killing me slowly...and the diversion is for a good 8 days!! urrggh!!

No comments: