Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Can't Wait

I bought my car yesterday.....finally.

Having looked through a few dealers over the weekend, I ended up with a big headache. I didn't know which car to buy...and to be honest, I didn't think I have seen a car that I fancied. Toyota Yaris? Vauxhall Corsa? Peugeot? I couldn't really decide.

On Sunday night, I made a list of the cars I would like to view. The dealers were rather near my place (except for one, the Toyota Bishopbriggs), and I thought I could use a morning walk to get to them. However, Toyota was the only shop that was selling a 1.3 Toyota Yaris, the car which I was looking at. And I really wanted to see and test drive it before making any further decision. Therefore, I decided to take the train to Bishopbriggs first thing on Monday morning, which I did.

I walked through the entire car park at Toyota, in search for that 1.3....but no where to be seen. All I saw was 3-4 1.0's. I was quite disappointed. Then, a car salesman approached me and asked if I needed help. I told him that I was looking for that 1.3...and he said it was sold last week. He offered me another 1.3 Yaris, which apparently, would only arrive this Sunday or the coming Monday. I couldn't wait that long. He also offered a few 1.0 Yaris. In fact, I got to test drive the latest one.

I have to admit that the car was certainly very nice to drive in. Fun, cool, light steering....the only thing was it didn't feel solid (if you get what I mean). After much pondering, I told him that I would come back if I wanted the Yaris, as I wanted to search for other cars (eg, Corsa/peugeot). Being a really good salesman, he looked for a peugeot using his computer database.

There was Peugeot 1.1 that just arrived on site a few days ago. He asked if I would like to look at it. It was a 3 year old car, special edition - two-toned colour, and the mileage was merely 16ooo. The price was attractive too at 4988. So I test drove the car...and boy, it felt great! I loved it. It felt solid and definitely has slightly more power than the Yaris 1.0. In fact, it was a 5 door car and came with a CD player.

3 to 4 hours later, and after wasting loads of saliva talking/bargaining, I finally paid my deposit for the car....and I can collect it this Friday! woohoo! Can't wait to be honest...

2 comments:

runaway midget said...

finally, you're mobile again! :) can go grocery shopping w/o having to worry about the 1 kilo chicken or the few boxes of tissue paper you must lug home...

weeee!

Colleen said...

WOwowow... congrats... it's definitely one of the BIG purchases in life manz... way to go.. ;-)