Friday, June 22, 2007

I Wonder

The whole event yesterday magnified. Luckily I did explain to my senior what happened last night, because at 9.30 am today, the bloody SHO called up my senior to complain. She complained that there wasn't any medical review for many days. Apparently, medics were supposed to review the patient daily. But heck, we are no psychic....we wouldn't know that you wanted the review daily unless you tell us so. Everyone agree?

To make matters worse, the plastics consultant phoned my senior to ask what the hell was going on. Anyhow, my SHO was right, if they want to be anal about everything, let them be. As professionals, we need to be as polite as we can...and that would make them ashamed of themselves.

I couldn't help but also feel that the whole thing must have been sparked by me. I wondered whether I did the wrong thing. I wondered whether if I had been more polite to her the whole event would not be as complicated as it is now. I wonder.

1 comment:

vagus said...

plenty of a-holes around. don't feel bad that they're the way they are.