Monday, February 26, 2007

Only 4 days left... =(

I know many people said this sentence before, "Time flies when you are enjoying yourself."

I couldn't agree more. So, yeap, I am repeating that sentence,

"Time REALLY flies when you are enjoying yourself."

Anyway, my weekend in Singapore was really good. My family drove down, carrying a heavy load in the boot, because my brother moved some of his things to his condo at Ang Mo Kio. Bro's condo was really impressive. The place was spacious and modern. After unloading his things, we left for the much talked about Vivo City.

It is the newest and the biggest shopping mall in Singapore. Despite being big, the mall was still rather crowded...so many people were busy shopping. I was quite surprised to see a couple of familiar labels, such as Ted Baker, Gap, and River Island in Vivo City. Bro wanted us to try a famous sushi restaurant, but as it was dinner time, the queue outside that shop was just too long. We ended up at Food Republic, where hawker food were sold in a high-class style. Choosing what to eat appeared to be a tough chore as there were just too many to choose from. I ordered a bowl of Kim Chi Soup with rice for dinner. The soup was sooo good! It was really spicy, and bursting with flavour! yummy yummy!

The next day, I met up with Green Pea. =) I was really happy to meet her, and glad that she didn't look too skinny as I thought she would be (her life has been rather stressful). It was nice to catch up with her and chat about our funny days back in Dundee. We had loads of food; Japanese, Chinese, etc. All of them were delicious...really makes me think why bother working in a foreign country where such food is scarce. Oh, btw, I have a tiny confession: I am officially addicted to The Coffee Club! It is way waayyy better than costa or starbucks in Glasgow. hehe. The dessert and coffee were amazing....I am SO going to miss this place.

Besides food, I managed to do some shopping. Green Pea was quite a shopper too, as she managed to get herself 2 new bags! (she certainly has inherited her mum's genes, as she too, love to buy bags). We both agreed that retail therapy is indeed the way to go to make ourselves happy.

I left Singapore on Mon afternoon by bus. Parents left on Sunday. Thank you Green for the wonderful time, food, Nicis, Jap ikan bilis, Esprit. =) I wish you well and pls take care!

As for me, with only 4 days to go before I fly back to the cold weather and loneliness, I shall continue to play hard!!!! teehee...

Me @ Vivo City

Green Pea & me @ Takashimaya.
(It was a struggle to get a kind soul to take this pic for us...shall not go into the details of it.)

No comments: