Thursday, September 14, 2006

Itch

I hate itch. The moment you start scratching, the itch gets worse.

Recently, I have developed a funny rash. The skin around my neck began to feel really itchy initially. I began scratching away, thinking that it is caused by my hair poking around my neck. However, the next day, my body began to itch. This time, I put it down to dry skin, since the weather here in Glasgow is getting colder.

However, exactly a week ago, after coming back from a late shift at work, I realised that my whole body was covered with red little dots of rash. I was feeling super duper itchy. Nothing I do could help to reduce the itch. The rash also started to spread down both my arms the next day.

I became worried. Allergy? nah...neither did I use any new creams, nor eat anything different. Bed bug? Well, bugs won't bite me in this fashion. I was clueless. I did not feel ill at all. The only thing I had was a sorethroat which went away within an hour or so.

My whole neck area was (and still is) filled with red patches. I had to be careful with my clothes, so that I can hide the rashes . Otherwise, ppl would think that I'm suffering from a contagious disease (with the rash).

Clarythine did not help to relieve the itchiness. I decided to take Piriton instead, which worked wonders! Unfortunately, Piriton made me so drowsy that I felt so miserable trying to work and finish my jobs at the same time. hehe. Even the nurse in the hospital noticed that I looked so sleepy. But at least the rash is reduced. Not so red anymore and not too itchy. Tiny red dots are still visible though.

I think this rash could be a viral thingy or maybe just stress-related rash?? I dunno.

No comments: